From September to June, UUCSW’s Sunday worship services begin at 10:30 am (hours may vary in the summer). You can enter the church either by the front door on West Main Street or by the side door on Ruggles Street, where an elevator is available.
As you enter the building, our volunteer greeters will welcome you and can provide information about childcare, restrooms, seating, and assistive devices.
What happens during Sunday service?
Sunday services last about an hour. Most weeks, our minister leads the service. Sometimes, members or guest ministers lead the service. Services include:
- Lighting the chalice – our symbol of the start of the service
- Announcements by members about church programs and events
- Singing of hymns by the congregation
- Inspirational readings, stories, poems, and/or meditations
- Sharing by those who wish to tell of joys or sorrows
- Offertory (please note that visitors are not expected to donate)
- A sermon offered by the service leader
- Closing words and music
There is a fellowship hour right after the service, with coffee, tea, juice and snacks served in the Chapel a few steps up from the Sanctuary. Please join us!
What do I wear to Sunday service?
Come as you are! People attend our Sunday services in all manner of dress.
What do children do during Sunday service?
Our services are family-friendly and children of all ages are welcome. We also provide free nursery care.